Tip #1 – Designate a workspace
Tip #2 – Set aside a daily work time
Set aside a daily work time. My work hours are flexible so I aim for when I know I can be the most focused (i.e. nap time or early morning before children wake up). Be flexible. I try to look at my calendar a week in advance and schedule if I will be working mornings or afternoons. However, I must be willing to adapt if it doesn’t work out.
Tip #3 – Practice patience and grace
Tip #4 – Get up and move
Tip #5 – Divide your workday into time segments
- 15 minutes (early morning) – Check email and task list – organize my day (usually first thing before my kids are awake)
- 30 minutes – Answer emails (as my children are getting ready for the day and have already eaten breakfast)
- 2 hours – perform the task(s) of the day (usually while my children have independent play)
- 30 minutes – make any needed phone calls (during my youngest child’s nap time)
- 1 hour – Finish any remaining task (late afternoon before my husband arrives home)
Tip #6 – Up-to-date technology charged and ready
Tip #7 – Give yourself grace during COVID-19
- Interested in learning more about Artios Christian College? Click here.
- View the upcoming Artios class schedule here.
- Have questions about how you fit into Christian leadership? Check out these resources: